What are the key features to look for in the top commercial electric weed eater?
If you are looking for the best commercial weed eater and have no clue how to choose the right commercial weed eater for your needs, you’ve come to the right place.
Certain features make a difference in particular when compared to the versions for homeowners. When you run your lawn care business, you require equipment you can count on every day.
All commercial grade weed eaters will break down at certain points however, you require a machine you can trust to be your financial planner. We’ll discuss these options in this article which makes the top commercial weed eater one you’ll want to have to have in your toolbox.
- Special features
- Easy to start
- Easy Maintenance
- 1 How We Chose the Best Commercial Weed Eaters
- 2 Testing for the Best Commercial Weed Eater
- 3 Reviews for the Best Commercial Weed Eater
- 4 1. Husqvarna 25cc 4 Trimmer 324LDX
- 5 2. CORE GasLess Power CGT403 Commercial Trimmer
- 6 3. Hitachi CG22EAP2SL Gas Powered Trimmer
- 7 THINGS WE DIDN’T LIKE
- 8 4. Black & Decker LST136 String Trimmer
- 9 THINGS WE DIDN’T LIKE
- 10 5. Tanaka TCG27EBSP Commercial Grade Trimmer
- 11 THINGS WE LIKED
- 12 THINGS WE DIDN’T LIKE
- 13 Buying Guide for Choosing the Commercial Weed Eaters
- 14 Industrial Weed Eater Engine Size
- 15 Commercial Weed Eater Engine Type – 4-cycle VS 2-cycle
- 16 Cutting Swath
- 17 Shaft Type – Straight vs. Curved
- 18 Weight
- 19 Comfort
- 20 Durability of Commercial String Trimmers
- 21 Fuel Capacity of Gas Powered Weed Eaters
- 22 Commercial Trimmer String
- 23 Advancement of feed lines in Bump
- 24 Conclusion oh How to Find the Best Commercial Weed Eater
- 25 Paul
How We Chose the Best Commercial Weed Eaters
There is a method of conducting tests and reviewing the performance of commercial weed-eaters which can be utilized to create guidelines for buyers. The testing of the best commercial weed eater is done at the factory level to come up with the specifications and reviews based on customer feedback and then my personal opinions of testing each trimmer’s string.
I do my best to avoid bias in every review I’ve written. I just review reviews, compare specs and try out each product to determine what they are like. Below are some additional details regarding the review and testing aspect of this analysis.
Testing for the Best Commercial Weed Eater
There is a procedure that is followed when gathering information on which brands are most effective. The elimination method is widely used to test the numerous brands in the marketplace. The most effective ones are kept and the remainder are put away. The weed eaters tested are in laboratories that are designed to resemble repair shops. Every brand is tested right from the box. These are a few of the most popular items on the checklist researchers review.
- Horsepower The weed eaters are placed on a stand that is used to hold the weeder in its place. The user then starts the weed eater and then puts the throttle at full speed. Testers are used to measure RPM, amps, and spinning per minute and all engine components test for power when the throttle is at full speed.
- durability: Each weed eater must pass a test of durability. It’s like placing a bind between the head and motor where the string is cut by as well as tall grass. The test is scheduled so that commercial usage gets the credit it deserves as should it be running for several hours. Each weed-eater must be reliable even in the most difficult of situations.
- The reliability: Each is tested through continuous running and also the timing of mechanical breakdowns. Wear and tear also belong to durability, but reliability is accountable for maintaining the pace of the crew working for the lawn care. This is the last step of testing prior to moving on to reviews.
Reviews for the Best Commercial Weed Eater
Reviews are conducted through polls from commercial users who purchase the brand weed killers. Some lawn service companies are chosen by retailers or the manufacturers who offer the brands to test out the weed-eaters. Only the best picks are considered in the review and the reviewer is expected to provide truthful and precise responses based on their own opinions.
The amount of lawn care selected varies, but it typically ranges between 30 and 50. Sometimes, more or less. When the data is gathered and compiled, it is posted on the website used to identify the top options. Other reviews written by random users of the device are also considered. In the end, the most beneficial reviews are published on the site.
Certain reviews discuss handling the power, horsepower, comfort mechanical maintenance, and various other routine operations lawn service companies employ. They are also called hands-on-testing. This is where the reality comes into the background for the ultimate truth about which is the top commercial weed-eater.
1. Husqvarna 25cc 4 Trimmer 324LDX
powered by a 25cc, 4-stroke engine The Husqvarna 324LDX is an extremely powerful commercial weed cutter that is durable and simple to operate. With a four-stroke engine, you won’t need to be concerned about mixing gas and oil for fueling this tool and is more practical when you are running out of gas while you’re working.
To make your experience more enjoyable, Husqvarna equipped this weed eater with the Smart Start system that will enable you to quickly start the tool whenever you require it. The 324LDX is also compatible with some commercial-grade attachments, making it an extremely flexible tool.
THINGS WE LIKED
- Fantastic cutting capabilities: this weed eater has a long .105 inches of line, and is capable of handling any grass type and even the most difficult grasses.
- A detachable shaft for ease of store and transport 324LDX comes with a shaft that can be detached.
- Attachments that click-on: this versatile weed eater can easily be transformed into other lawn-care tools, due to the Click-On mechanism.
- Ergonomic handles: designed for prolonged and rigorous usage, this device has an ergonomic hand-grip that is soft and comfortable.
THINGS WE DIDN’T LIKE
- This weeder will only work with Husqvarna attachments designed specifically for commercial use.
For more details on Husqvarna models be sure to check our comprehensive Husqvarna reviews.
2. CORE GasLess Power CGT403 Commercial Trimmer
A highly durable and robust cordless battery-powered commercial weed-eaters are CORE’s CORE CGT403. This weed-eater is powered by a 21-volt 6.5Ah battery with an expected runtime of around 70 minutes.
- Dual mode power control- speed for normal grass trimming, or torque for optimum performance and longer run time
- Powered with a state of the art prismatic high-energy power cell operating in concert with new smart-core electronics
- Head Speed: 7,000 RPM Speed/5,000 RPM Torque - 25-percent more torque than at 25cc 2 cycle commercial trimmer; Run Time: up to 70 minutes
- Head type: dual line bump feed & trimmer line: 0.095 diameter, 20' on spool
- Commercial package of CGT400; 1 Trimmer, 2 Power Cells and 1 rapid charger
With a quick charger and two batteries, you’ll be able to keep the same pace of trimming that you’d normally experience using a gas-powered device. To make trimming grass quicker, there is a 12 inch cutting area.
THINGS WE LIKED
- Rapid recharge Each battery comes with the ability to charge quickly that recharges in less than an hour.
- Power control in dual mode Depending on the grass type you can select between greater power or an extended duration.
- Dual cutting line head: this weed eater comes with two line cutting heads that utilizes an .095 millimeter line.
- Fantastic cost: for the purchase price, you receive the trimmer with two batteries as well as a quick charger.
THINGS WE DIDN’T LIKE
- There are some concerns about the security of the guard for trimming.
3. Hitachi CG22EAP2SL Gas Powered Trimmer
While it may appear that it is a tiny engine, the reality lies in its 21.2cc PureFire engine of this commercial weed-eater from Hitachi gives enough force to cut the head to guarantee an exact cut through even the toughest varieties of weeds and grass.
This weeder is relatively light in weight and offers an outstanding balance, qualities which make it ideal for long-term and intensive use. The two-stroke engine comes with an emission level that is lower and is covered by a two-year guarantee.
THINGS WE LIKED
- Semi-automatic trimmer head to improve the ease of usage, this weeder comes with a 4 inch semi-automatic trimmer head that utilizes the .095 inches cutting line made of co-polymer.
- Simple to begin: Hitachi equipped this herbicide with an S.Start system that is designed to make it easier to start.
- System to reduce vibration: reduce fatigue and improves comfort while using.
- Long shaft of steel: the weed eater comes with a 60-inch solid steel shaft, which improves the tool’s maneuverability.
THINGS WE DIDN’T LIKE
- The spool of string is small, and you’ll probably need to alter the cutting line frequently.
4. Black & Decker LST136 String Trimmer
If you’d like to find a commercial weed eater that is environmental-friendly, check Black & Decker LST136. The weed eater runs on a robust 36-volt lithium-ion battery. It also features a cutting swath of 13 inches which means you’ll finish trimming quickly.
- Black & Decker LST136W 40V Max Lithium String Trimmer
- BLACK+DECKER AF-100-3ZP 30-Feet 0.065-Inch Line String Trimmer Replacement
The weed eater has a quick charger that recharges the battery within one hour. If you’d like to keep an uninterrupted working routine it is recommended to purchase another battery.
THINGS WE LIKED
- It is lightweight: this weed eater weighs just 7.8 pounds. It is lightweight and easy to carry.
- Power Command dial: it will allow you to select between more capacity or longer runtime.
- Flexible: this weed eater can be transformed into an edger simply by switching the cutter’s head.
- Automated feedspool: you will not need to raise the weed cutter, thanks to the handy automated feed spool.
THINGS WE DIDN’T LIKE
- Cutline that is thin This weeder employs a .065 inches cutting linethat is very small for the commercial market.
Read our comprehensive Black & Decker review for more details.
5. Tanaka TCG27EBSP Commercial Grade Trimmer
The final commercial grade weed eater we have reviewed is the Tanaka TCG27EBSP, which is reliable. The weeder runs on a 2 cycle 26.9cc engine and comes with the option of replacing the cutting line with a stainless steel blade, able to tackle all types of grass as well as weeds. The model is equipped with the user-friendly S-Start system, which is created to facilitate a quicker start. Additionally, the lower weight and great balance make it comfortable to use for longer durations of time.
THINGS WE LIKED
- Handles padded: to increase your comfort and lower the level of vibration the weeder is equipped with cushioned handles.
- Aluminum clutch housing: a feature designed to prevent overheating.
- Spindle lock built-in: you’ll be able to switch the cutting attachment quickly.
- Solid shaft for reducing the noise as much as possible the weed eater is equipped with an unbreakable steel shaft.
THINGS WE DIDN’T LIKE
- The manual for users is ambiguous in many areas and does not provide clear directions on how to use this device.
If you’re in search of more details about this brand, be sure to read our comprehensive reviews of it here.
Buying Guide for Choosing the Commercial Weed Eaters
In each commercial weed eater category, you will find all the details you need to find the most effective commercial weed killer.
Industrial Weed Eater Engine Size
Typically, commercial grade gas weeders will feature engines that are in the 20-25cc range.
The engine’s capacity could be inaccurate if you’re just using this number for power-related comparisons. Be sure to check the maximum velocity (in rpm) and torque measurements.
Apart from the engine’s size, these performance areas are impacted on the basis of how the clutch and drive arrangement that connects the engine with the head of the trimmer.
Be aware that a gas trimmer with a 2-cycle cycle can produce higher power than four-cycle gas trimmer with the same size engine.
If you’re using your lawn mower to cut the grass, then you can get away with the size of your engine.
Commercial Weed Eater Engine Type – 4-cycle VS 2-cycle
There are distinct differences between two – and four-cycle engines. The main difference is fuel. Two cycles operate with a gas and oil mix. Four cycles are powered by straight gasoline. There is also a specific location for the oil to go, and they require replacing just like every other engine, with the drain plug for oil.
Two cycles are equipped with gas and oil mixtures which means there’s no need to find an oil tank where motor oil can be stored. The four-cycle engine is larger and certain however, not all weigh more than the two-cycle. The choice is based on the opinion of the person using it. Four cycles might be more powerful as the engines are larger.
The cutting width, measured by inches refers to the cutting area. That is, when you move the weeder and your shaft’s length determines the distance. Straight shafts typically have a cutting swath that is 20-24 inches. Therefore, the larger the cutting swath is, the more grass will be cut.
Shaft Type – Straight vs. Curved
There’s a saying that when you’ve used both and switch to a straight shaft, there’s no way back. Straight shafts are much more comfortable for back muscles. A curved shaft doesn’t offer the same reach that a straight shaft has. Straight shafts allow an unnatural flow of the back and arms. People who choose a curved shaft must maintain their back arched and their arms bent to prevent fatigue.
Its weight for commercial weed-eaters is between 9 to 14 pounds. Certain four-cycles can weigh up to between 15 and 18 pounds. It is essential to note that there aren’t all of them weigh the same. Some can weigh as much as 11 or 10 pounds, based on the components of the herbicide.
The comfort factor is crucial when you use commercial weeders. Anyone who uses commercial weed eaters daily recognizes the necessity to be able to use a weed eater that is comfortable. These are the places to examine the features that allow you to feel comfortable with your weeder.
- The grip on the front as well as the rear handles
- The strap, regardless of whether it’s cushioned, or not.
- If the throttle is equipped with electronic cruise control, it is a cruise
- If the handles can be adjusted
- If the strap can be adjusted
- A straight or curly shaft can make all the difference in terms of comfort.
Durability of Commercial String Trimmers
Commercial weeders are robust and are able to take many beatings. Examining the components of the weeder will determine its toughness. Also what materials are used to construct the machine. Be sure that the equipment is in no danger of rusting or corrode. Some parts are made from plastic. If this occurs, you should check to ensure that they’re not likely to break.
Most commercial weed eaters be mounted on racks with open-air trailers. Check that the weed eater is designed to handle harsh outdoor environments. When it comes to cutting, ensure there is enough power to tackle difficult tasks. Check out the cc for this.
Fuel Capacity of Gas Powered Weed Eaters
It is important to buy a weed eater that has an adequate-sized tank of gas to accommodate a reasonable volume of gasoline. The typical is 20oz or more. Be aware that the capacity does not completely depend on how long it will take before you run out of gas. Efficiency is the determining factor in how the tank of fuel will last before it is exhausted.
A small tank isn’t a good option when you are in a commercial industry. The worst thing you could do is to be caught running out of fuel you are a considerable distance from the fuel station.
Commercial Trimmer String
Find the highest quality commercial string trimmer to trim your machine. Strings made of cheaper materials can melt or break down too fast. Choose the right string thickness.
If it is too thin, cutting power will decrease. If your string is thin, you’ll put stress on the motor. Make sure you consult your user’s manual to determine the ideal size.
Advancement of feed lines in Bump
You shouldn’t be playing with the trimmer head every few minutes to change the line’s feed.
Find a trimmer with an advanced head for bump feed. It is also known as the bump ‘n’ go line feed.
Conclusion oh How to Find the Best Commercial Weed Eater
Finding the best commercial weed eater isn’t fast and cheap. Beware of buying one of the cheapest gardeners thinking it’ll most likely get the job done. It won’t.
Here are a few things to consider.
Even if it is able to cut through the bulk of the work you’re doing, it’s likely to be slow to get through. And also using a lower-powered trimmer designed for commercial usage will require replacement sooner rather than later. So, if you don’t choose the best commercial string trimmer and settle for the mediocre one, you’ll need to replace it in the future. Why pay twice for gas weed eaters? The most effective gas weed eater may be pricier, but it’s likely to last longer. The high-end units we looked at above are among the most effective commercial weed killer models that you can buy. Pick the best commercial weed eater from our list and you’ll never regret it.