When your yard is covered in leaves, a leaf blower can save you so much time and effort. However, for the biggest jobs, even a backpack blower might not be sufficient. In this case, the alternative is to turn to a walk-behind version.
Leaf blowers are an important tool for professionals and homeowners alike to use when cleaning up their yards. They can be difficult sometimes, though – especially if you don’t know what type of machine will work best with your needs! Luckily we’ve put together this article on how to choose the perfect walk-behind model so that everyone has access to good information without having any prior experience or knowledge about these products beforehand.
- 1 Best walk behind leaf blowers
- 2 Billy Goat F902H 262cc Honda GX Engine Force Blower
- 3 Features
- 4 Merry Mac Walk-Behind Leaf and Debris Blower
- 5 Features
- 6 Troy-Bilt TB672 208cc Jet Sweep Leaf Blower
- 7 Features
- 8 SuperHandy Walk-Behind Leaf-Snow Blower
- 9 Features
- 10 Southland SWB163150E Walk-Behind Leaf Blower
- 11 Features
- 12 Billy Goat F1302SPH Self-Propelled Force Blower
- 13 Features
- 14 Little Wonder C5 Leaf Blower
- 15 Features
- 16 Mantis Little Wonder Optimax Leaf Blower 160cc Honda Engine 9160-02-01
- 17 Features
- 18 Landworks Super Duty Walk-Behind Leaf Blower
- 19 Features
- 20 Powermate Cyclone 150 MPH Walk-Behind Gas Blower
- 21 Features
- 22 Types of leaf blowers
- 23 Handheld leaf blower
- 24 Backpack leaf blower
- 25 Walk-behind leaf blower
- 26 Why use a walk-behind leaf blower?
- 27 How to choose the best walk behind a leaf blower?
- 28 Engine
- 29 Air Speed and air displacement
- 30 Weight
- 31 Noise
- 32 Design
- 33 Price and warranty
- 34 2-Cycle or 4-Cycle?
- 35 Specialized Wheels
- 36 The Propulsion System
- 37 Directional Blowers
- 38 How to maintain a walk-behind leaf blower?
- 39 How to use a walk-behind leaf blower?
- 40 Conclusion
- 41 Paul
Best walk behind leaf blowers
There are many walk-behind leaf blowers to choose from, but not all offer you superior power and performance when clearing large quantities of leaves – so if you are on the lookout for the best walk-behind leaf blower, here are our top picks.
Billy Goat F902H 262cc Honda GX Engine Force Blower
Looking for a self-propelled walk-behind leaf blower that can handle commercial cleanup? Look no further than the Billy Goat F902H. This powerful machine has a 262cc commercial engine and can move 3.8 times the air volume of a backpack leaf blower.
It’s also lightweight and easy to use, making it the perfect solution for medium-sized properties. So if you’re looking for a leaf blower that can take care of the commercial clean-up quickly and easily, the Billy Goat F902H is a perfect choice.
- 17-Inch 16 blade fan
- 3.8 times the air volume of a backpack
- 262 cc commercial engine
- Honda engine
- 262cc commercial engine
Merry Mac Walk-Behind Leaf and Debris Blower
The Merry Mac Walk-Behind Leaf and Debris Blower is a powerful tool that will make quick work of cleaning up your yard. With its 305cc Briggs and Stratton engine, it has more than enough power to clear away leaves and debris quickly.
It also has a low noise level, so you can use it without disturbing your neighbors.
At only 115lbs, it’s easy to push, even for people with smaller builds. And because it’s reliable, you can count on it to take all the hassle out of clearing your yard.
- Briggs & Stratton 13.50 Gross Torque engine
- Cast iron sleeve
- Comes with a deflector for high or low airflow and front or side discharge
- 305cc Briggs and Stratton engine
- Air speed and displacement ratings of 200mph and 2,000CFM
Troy-Bilt TB672 208cc Jet Sweep Leaf Blower
The Troy-Bilt TB672 Jet Sweep Leaf Blower is the perfect tool to help you quickly and easily clear away leaves and other debris from your yard. With its powerful 208cc engine, 14-inch high output impeller, and 1000 CFM airflow volume capacity, this blower can move a lot of material quickly and easily.
It also features semi-pneumatic ball-bearing wheels for easy maneuverability, a 90-degree front discharge chute for versatility, and a lightweight design that makes it easy to use. Plus, it starts right up out of the box with no complicated setup required, so you can get started on your project immediately.
- Powerful 208cc engine
- 14-inch high output impeller
- 1000 CFM airflow volume capacity
SuperHandy Walk-Behind Leaf-Snow Blower
Looking for a reliable and powerful leaf blower that can handle even wet leaves? Look no further than the SuperHandy Walk-Behind Leaf-Snow Blower.
This tough little machine is equipped with a 4-stroke 7Hp 212cc single-cylinder OHV gas engine, meaning it can handle even the heaviest jobs. The heavy-duty industrial size 13.5-inch metal impeller can move leaves at a good distance, while the 2 rugged all-terrain wheels make it easy to maneuver.
The 90-degree adjustable flow angle allows you to customize the blowing direction to suit your needs, and the whole thing is easy to put together. Plus, it’s EPA certified/CARB compliant and great value for money
- PROFESSIONAL SPECS; This Lea/(LIGHT SNOW BLOWER) Wheeled Walk Behind Blower has an all-powerful 7Hp 212cc 4 Stroke Single Cylinder OHV Gas Engine, that provides excellent power to weight ratio performance, where it counts; Max Output Power of 4.1 kW, Wind Force Speed of 150-200 MPH/ 1270-2000 CFM, with a High Max Rotation Speed of 3600RPMs and a Heavy Duty Industrial size 13.5” (340mm) Metal Impeller, that will empower you to have ultimate control of maintaining your land
- EFFICIENT and DURABLE DESIGN; Our Jet Sweep Blowers are great for Garden and Lawn applications, making it easy and simple to pileup leaves/debris. Built w/ heavy-duty powered coated heat-treated rust resistant steel, for this Blower to last many seasons; The engine runs excellent on Unleaded 87 octane Gasoline (10% or less ETHANOL recommended); Max capacity of 0.7 gallons, included: (2) Rugged All Terrain 10” inch Rear Wheels, an 8” inch 360° Swivel Front Wheel and a 90° Adjustable Flow Angle
- SAFETY/PROPER USE - Always operate the machine according to directions in the user manual, always wear the appropriate ANSI standard hand and eye protection (ENGINE OIL NOT INCLUDED, MUST ADD UPON UN-BOXING); ONLY use this Blower for Lawn/garden applications; Our Blowers are EPA Certified/CARB Compliant. The throttle cable must be tightened prior to use to keep the throttle from lowering due to vibrations during use.
- Heavy-duty industrial size 13.5-inch metal impeller
- 4-stroke 7Hp 212cc single-cylinder OHV engine
- 2 rugged all-terrain wheels
Southland SWB163150E Walk-Behind Leaf Blower
Southland walk-behind leaf blower is a great choice for small and medium yards. With its powerful wind force and tough engine, it quickly clears away leaves and debris, making yard work much easier. It’s easy to put together and operate, saving you time and back pain.
Introducing the Southland SWB163150E walk-behind leaf blower! This powerful tool can blast piles of leaves from your lawn in short order, with a wind speed of 150mph and 1,200CFM. It’s equipped with a 163cc 2-stroke engine and strong, durable materials that make it built to last. Plus, its big 12” wheels and swiveling front wheel increase mobility so you can deal with any kind of leaves.
- 163cc engine
- 150 MPH and 120 CFM
- 15-degree adjustable chute for more directed blowing
Billy Goat F1302SPH Self-Propelled Force Blower
The Billy Goat F1302SPH Self-Propelled Force Blower is a top-of-the-line leaf blower that provides an incredible amount of power. It features a Honda GX engine that delivers 6.2 times the air volume of a backpack leaf blower. This self-propelled leaf blower is also extremely durable, making it a wise investment for those who need to clear leaves on a regular basis.
- 17-Inch 16 blade fan
- 6.2 times the air volume of a backpack
- 393 cc commercial engine
- Powered by393 cc Honda GX Engine
- 17-inch 16 blade fan
- Self-propelled leaf blower
Little Wonder C5 Leaf Blower
The Little Wonder C5 Leaf Blower is a professional-grade tool that’s perfect for clearing debris from your yard or driveway. It features a 16-inch composite impeller, thick padded foldable handle, user-friendly controls, and adjustable discharge nozzle.
The 170cc Subaru SP170 engine provides plenty of power to get the job done quickly, while the 16-inch solid never-flat wheels make transportation a breeze.
- Delivers up to 200mph wind speed and 1,150CFM displacement
- Powered by a 170cc Subaru SP170 engine
Mantis Little Wonder Optimax Leaf Blower 160cc Honda Engine 9160-02-01
Do you have a lot of leaves to take care of? Well, with the Mantis Little Wonder Optimax Leaf Blower, taking care of leaves is a breeze!
This leaf blower comes equipped with a powerful 160 cc Honda engine and an aerodynamic 17-inch propeller, making it one of the most powerful leaf blowers on the market. It also features a low discharge chute, making it easy to get rid of all those pesky leaves.
And don’t worry about getting tired while using this leaf blower – it comes with an ergonomic handle and anti-vibration grip that will make using it a breeze.
- Split-stream air deflector
- Remote adjust sets the deflector for conditions
- Square discharge chute is designed for a broader air pattern
- Ergonomic, height-adjustable handle with anti-vibration grip
- Fuel Capacity ;83 gal
- 160 cc Honda engine
- Aerodynamic 17-inch propeller
- 17” 7-blade impeller
- Delivers 153 MPH airspeed and 1397 CFM airflow
Landworks Super Duty Walk-Behind Leaf Blower
Introducing the Landworks Super Duty Walk-Behind Leaf Blower! This industrial-strength machine is built to handle even the toughest jobs. With a powerful 4-stroke 7Hp engine and heavy-duty steel construction, it can easily clear away leaves and debris from even the most rugged terrain. And with its adjustable flow angle and easy-to-handle design, it’s perfect for any application. So don’t go another day struggling with your old leaf blower – get yourself a Super Duty Walk-Behind Leaf Blower today!
This is the perfect leaf blower for serious landscapers who need a durable and powerful machine. With its all-steel construction, this blower can handle even the most challenging jobs. And with its easy-to-use controls, you’ll be up and running in no time.
- PROFESSIONAL SPECIFICATIONS - This Super Duty Leaf & Debris Wheeled Walk Behind Blower has an all-powerful 7Hp 212cc 4 Stroke Single Cylinder OHV Gas Engine, that provides excellent power to weight ratio performance, where it counts; With a Max Output Power of 4.1 kW, Wind Force Speed of 150-200 MPH/ 1270-2000 CFM, with a High Max Rotation Speed of 3600RPMs & a Heavy Duty Industrial size 13.5 inch (340mm) Metal Impeller, that will empower you to have ultimate control of maintaining your land
- EFFICIENT & DURABLE DESIGN - Our Jet Sweep Blowers are great for Garden & Lawn applications, making it easy & simple to pile-up leaves/debris; Built w/ heavy duty powered coated heat treated rust resistant steel, for this Blower to last many seasons; The engine runs excellent on Unleaded 87+ octane Gasoline (10%< less ETHANOL recommended) & a Max capacity of 0.7 gallons, including: (2) Rugged All Terrain 10 inch Rear Wheels, an 8 Inch 360Deg Swivel Front Wheel & a 90Deg Adjustable Flow Angle
- SAFETY & PROPER USE - The engine is designed to ensure the operator's safety. Always operate machine according to directions in the user manual, always wear the appropriate ANSI standard hand & eye protection (ENGINE OIL NOT INCLUDED, MUST ADD UPON UN-BOXING); ONLY use this Blower for Lawn/garden applications; Our Blowers are EPA Certified/CARB Compliant
- LANDWORKS - The Prime Outdoor Choice - Partner with us & join millions worldwide who empower their everyday lives, by using our cutting edge equipment & supreme advanced technology, to Conquer any task or obstacle; Arise & Gain Dominance over your 'sphere of influence' by starting here
- 7 HP engine
- 1270-2000 CFM wind force speed
- 150-200 MPH maximum rotation speed
Powermate Cyclone 150 MPH Walk-Behind Gas Blower
The Powermate Cyclone gas blower is the perfect tool for clearing leaves, debris, and even light snow from sidewalks, driveways, and other surfaces. It’s easy to maneuver and features a padded, foam-grip handle for comfort. The Cyclone also has clearing power for commercial applications. The fan is balanced to prevent vibration and the blower comes with 12-inch H rear wheels. It’s lightweight and durable, yet affordable.
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box
- 12-inch H rear wheels ride
- Provides 150 MPH of air velocity
Types of leaf blowers
There are many styles and shapes of leaf blowers. There are three types of leaf blowers: backpack, handheld, and walk-behind.
You can either use gasoline or electricity to power the blower engine. The electric leaf blower can either be powered by electricity or can be charged with a battery.
Handheld leaf blower
This leaf blower is small enough to be carried in your hand and used to blow out the leaves. The majority of cordless leaf blowers can be moved around by being handheld.
They are lightweight and easy to transport. This is suitable for small to medium-sized yards. A handheld leaf blower is a popular choice for small-sized backyards.
Backpack leaf blower
Backpack leaf blowers are slightly heavier than handheld leaf blowers but much more powerful.
You can easily clean a medium-sized yard by using a backpack leaf blower. The majority of gas-powered leaf blowers can be carried in a backpack. This is a popular choice for professional and residential landscapers.
Walk-behind leaf blower
Walk-behind Leaf blowers are ideal for large yards. They are mainly used by commercial landscapers and people who live on large acres.
They have many mature trees, and they get lots of leaves in the fall. These units are heavier and more difficult to transport. The unit is mounted on a wheel so it can be easily moved around.
Why use a walk-behind leaf blower?
A walk-behind leaf blower can save you a lot of time and effort when faced with piles of leaves in the fall. Handheld versions are fine for smaller jobs, while backpack versions are more suited to medium-scale operations. leaf blowers are a great way to clean up your yard quickly and efficiently.
There are several things to consider when choosing a walk-behind leaf blower. The size of your yard is an important factor. If you have a large yard with many mature trees, a walk-behind leaf blower will make short work of the task. The larger motor and blower fan on these models make it possible to get the job done quickly.
In addition to being great for raking leaves, walk-behind leaf blowers can also be used for removing wet and dried leaves, sticks, dirt, and debris. This can save you a lot of time and effort that would otherwise be spent bent over picking up these items by hand.
One thing to keep in mind is that walk-behind leaf blowers are not cheap. If you have a small yard or do not have enough space to move a bulky machine, a handheld leaf blower may be a better option for you. However, if you have the space and the need, a walk-behind leaf blower can be a great addition to your gardening toolkit.
How to choose the best walk behind a leaf blower?
Whether you’re responsible for purchasing landscaping tools or a savvy homeowner, you don’t just want to purchase the least expensive and low-quality walk-behind leaf blower in the market. You want to invest in a top-quality machine that will provide enough power to finish cleaning jobs faster.
When shopping for a leaf blower, consider speed (MPH), airflow (CFM), weight, and horsepower. Let’s explain these terms in detail to help you find the best walk behind a leaf blower.
The leaf blower’s horsepower (hp) is also important to consider because it will determine how much power the leaf blower has.
The majority of leaf blowers that are used for walking behind use a gas-powered engine. The engine’s power is measured in cc. A higher engine power rating will allow for more blowing power. Most gas leaf blowers have an engine rating between 100 and 500 cc.
It is also important to consider the manufacturer of the blower’s engine. Usually, engines are made by other companies like Honda, Cub cadet, and Cyclone.
The engine is the most expensive part of the blower. A reputable engine brand with easy spare availability will make it last longer and less expensive to repair or maintain.
Air Speed and air displacement
Air speed and air displacement are dependent on the fan design and motor. The rating can be found on the blower specifications. It tells you how many miles per hour (MPH), and how many cubic feet per minute (CFM) the airflow rating is.
The leaf blower you purchase should have a high speed (in MPH) and airflow (in CFM). This means that the leaf blower will be able to move more air and debris. The leaf blower should also be lightweight so that it is easy to maneuver.
The speed of a leaf blower is measured in miles per hour (mph). The higher the mph, the faster the leaf blower will move leaves and debris. The leaf blower’s airflow is measured in cubic feet per minute (CFM). The higher the CFM, the more powerful the leaf blower will be.
It is also important to consider how much a leaf blower weighs because you don’t want a machine that is too heavy to maneuver.
Because you’ll be pushing the thing around in your yard, weight is an important consideration. You will need to buy a larger model if you require more power. The ideal balance should be found between sufficient power and manageable body weight.
Leaf blowers are noisy and there’s no way to avoid it. The fan blows air through the fan and emits noise from the gas engine.
The blower’s noise rating in decibels can be found on a product label. If you live in a residential area, make sure to get the quietest blower possible.
It is easy to use for routine yard maintenance because it has been ergonomically designed. It is easy to push the front and rear wheels, which are smooth and move quickly.
A flap can be used to adjust the direction of the airflow. Instead of turning the fan in the opposite direction, you can turn the flap to adjust the airflow.
It is easier to push the paddle with your hand thanks to the comfortable paddle handle. You can adjust the speed control to make it faster or slower depending on what you are doing.
Price and warranty
The walk-behind leaf blower is not cheap. The walk-behind leaf blower is more expensive than both the backpack- and handheld models. You get more power, speed, and durability which makes it easy to clean your yard.
Look for a leaf blower with an extended warranty. Most leaf blowers have a one-year warranty.
The longer warranty blower protects your investment and provides free repair or replacement in the event of an issue during the warranty period.
2-Cycle or 4-Cycle?
Practically all Walk Behind blowers are gas-powered, but some have 2-cycle engines while others have 4-cycle versions.
2-cycle engines are more powerful but are also louder. They are simpler and so less likely to break down, but you need to make gas and oil mixture to run them on. Using pure gasoline will seriously damage the engine.
4-cycle engines are more efficient, quieter, and also run on pure gas, so there’s no need to mix it with oil. However, they are often more expensive and don’t give the same raw power as a 2-cycle engine of comparable size.
Both types are acceptable – you just need to decide which characteristics are more important to you.
The size of your wheels can make all the difference when it comes to navigating tricky terrains. If you have large rear skewers, then they will provide more stability while turning around corners or going up hillsides with rough surfaces that would otherwise throw off any other type of vehicle’s balance system because these types rely mostly upon their front tires for guidance rather than having a sturdy base behind them which helps distribute weight evenly throughout each wheel thus increasing traction and preventing slipped axles!
The Propulsion System
In general, there are 2 different types of propulsion systems used for propelling leaf blowers. One type is the push variety which requires you to actually physically apply force in order to make it move forward; this means doing some work but at least they’re usually less expensive than self-propelled models! The other kind involves nothing more than stepping on a pedal or pushing down with your foot – easy enough even if someone has never operated one before (which most people haven’t).
With directional blowers, you can clean up your yard with ease. The controls on these models make it easy to change what direction they are blown in without having any interruption during use- which means less time wasted!
How to maintain a walk-behind leaf blower?
With regular maintenance, your leaf blower will keep running strong for years to come. Before you start cleaning the motor or removing dirt from any part of its operation make sure that it has cooled down enough so as not to damage anything vital with warm components especially if there are still fuel leaks! Inspect all fasteners monthly in order to maintain their tightness and also replace oil when needed every 25 hours (or season). Spark plugs may also need to be replaced more often depending upon use.
How to use a walk-behind leaf blower?
It is important to use a walk-behind leaf blower safely. These machines can easily amputate fingers, even hands, and toes if not used carefully or with enough safety equipment such as protective eyewear that will protect you from debris thrown out by an engine of this type; therefore We do not recommend children under 15 years old operate them because they lack physical maturity needed for managing these strong currents running through our air streams when using one
Before you start using your leaf blower, be sure to check the property for any nearby furniture and remove all branches or debris. Start with a semi-circular pattern so that anything left behind doesn’t take forever before being disposed of in one place instead of everywhere!
Never try blowing against walls as they will bounce back on you. Always seek out an open area where leaves can easily be blown towards rather than having them collected within close proximity where there may not always
The walk-behind leaf blowers are by far the most popular type of leaf blower out there. They’re easy to use, lightweight, and can reach places that backpack-style leaf blowers cannot. When it comes time to clean up your yard, nothing clears leaves and debris as easily with the power of a walk-behind leaf blower.
The best part about walk behind leaf blowers is their versatility: You can take one on small projects or big ones depending upon what you need to be done – they’re very light too so pushing around won’t be an issue at all (especially if it just something quick).
You can choose one of our top picks like the powerful Merry Mac LB1100EZM or maybe even something less expensive and still great quality such as The Troy Bilt TB672.